
via Latest & Breaking News on Fox News <p>Ruston Kelly surrendered to sobriety after a freak accident nearly derailed his life.</p><p>Kelly, 37, admitted he was three days sober after relapsing following a golf cart crash in June.</p><p>The <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/entertainment/genres/country" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">country music singer</a> reflected on the last few challenging months in a candid social media post shared Wednesday with followers.</p><p><a href="https://foxnews.com/entertainment/baywatch-hawaii-star-brandy-ledford-wanted-truly-check-out-rehab-saved-life" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><strong>'BAYWATCH: HAWAII' STAR BRANDY LEDFORD SAYS SHE 'WANTED TO TRULY CHECK OUT' BEFORE REHAB SAVED HER LIFE</strong></a></p><p>Kelly showed fans a gold Narcotics Anonymous token which read, "My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share with others the NA way." Recovery chips are often shared in meetings to commemorate <a href="https://foxnews.com/entertainment/dax-shepard-slammed-exposing-late-eric-danes-private-aa-struggles-death" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">clean living milestones</a>.</p><p>"I told myself back in 2021 that as long as I wasn’t using amphetamines that I would be on the right 'clean' journey for myself," Kelly shared on Instagram. "I had never been <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/health/mental-health/addiction" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">addicted to any drug</a> other than those pills. I lumped in alcohol and THC etc initially because I thought that’s what I was supposed to do."</p><p>"Somewhere along the way I became obstinate in my journey, that I wasn’t an 'addict' in the traditional sense of the word, that I was only addicted to amphetamines. 'I’ve never had a problem with alcohol, I’ve never had a problem with XYZ.' 'See I can be like everyone else, I can show self control, I am in control.'"</p><p><a href="https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><strong><u>LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS</u></strong></a></p><p>Despite reaching a point of "spiritual surrender," Kelly admitted he was only attempting to "live a lifestyle that was satisfactory to my carnal impulses because I 'never had a problem with them.'"</p><p><a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/DbYVnlZx24Q/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener"><strong>APP USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW POST</strong></a></p><p>In June, Kelly broke his arm "in half" following a golf cart accident where he overcorrected the vehicle and flipped the cart.</p><p>"After my accident where I broke my arm in half, I was given fentanyl morphine ketamine dilaudid and <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/health/pain-management/painkillers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">oxycodone</a> for 3 days leaving with a month long Rx of Percocet," Kelly wrote. "I needed it for the level 15 pain but very quickly they started running out sooner and sooner.</p><p><a href="https://www.foxnews.com/newsletters?cmpid=fnfirstnl" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><strong>CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER</strong></a></p><p>"I was chewing them in the pharmacy before I walked out the door. I was hiding how many at a time I was taking. I was complaining to the dr it wasn’t enough."</p><p>His new drug dependency "awakened something I hadn’t felt in a very long time."</p><p>"On July 26 I decided to end any chance of ruining anything good," Kelly confessed. "For my soul my wife my family my art and career and my people. I admitted that whether I like it or not I will forever have a <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/health/mental-health/drug-and-substance-abuse" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">substance abuse disease</a>."</p><p>He added, "ALL drugs/substances including alcohol and THC are off the table for good (working on nicotine) That if there is something that will scratch an itch I didn’t think I had, I will use it beyond excess and into addiction.</p><p>"I am 3 days completely clean and sober again, and intend to remain this way forever, one day at a time."</p>https://ift.tt/yfZcSzt